Registered Charity No. 1076924
NWESSR has been in existence for over 25 years. During this time, homes have been found for hundreds of Springer waifs and strays. The work of the charity is forever ongoing.
There are many reasons why a dog finds its way into the care of NWESSR:
- Some are made homeless due to an owners death or illness.
- There are always strays who do not have any form of identification; wherever possible we try to unite lost dogs with their families but sadly this cannot always be the case and they are found new homes.
- Others are given up because of various domestic crises or they are not wanted any more, perhaps because of long term illness and expense - veterinary bills can be considerable.
- Some will come from situations where the owner finds they cannot cope with what is a very energetic breed; Springers look cute, especially when they are puppies, but they can be hard work!
- Most distressing are the cases of physical cruelty and neglect - traumatised dogs are homed with people who are very experienced with the breed. Have the time, the patience and the understanding, to undo the damage caused by ignorance and irresponsibility.
Whatever the reason NWESSR is here to help.
Considerable care is taken in placing dogs. Families with children under 6yrs will not be offered dogs at all. Families with young children, will not be offered dogs, whose temperament is unknown or questionable. Fortunately, many of our dogs are happy-go-lucky and good natured. Perhaps one of them is just the right companion for you.
NWESSR is recognised by the Kennel Club and is listed in the Kennel Club Rescue Directory.
NWESSR is a registered charity, and this assists in raising much needed funds to continue our work. The spiralling costs of kennelling , veterinary care and specialist training are an ever present concern to us.
Where we operate
NWESSR is the prime Rescue organisation for English Springer Spaniels in the North West, specifically Cumbria, Lancashire, Cheshire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, North Wales and West Yorkshire. Our Kennels are also based in the North West
Logo for Cheshire pet network and kennel club with links to their websites by clicking on the logos