Due to retirement NWESSR is looking for a Honorary Treasurer.
Duties to include
- Recording of all the charity's income and expenditure in the appropriate accounting records.
- Control and pay all invoices and expenses
- Collect all income due to the charity
- Prepare monthly financial and end of year updates, on the financial position of the charity, for the trustees.
- Monitor the reserves position, and ensure adequate funds are available.
- The direct accounts activity averages about 10 hours per week.
The successful applicant
- Should be organised
- Should have a basic knowledge of bookkeeping/accounts.
- Must have access to a home computer and be computer literate
- Be a competent Excel spreadsheet user
The Treasurer of NWESSR is an Officer and Trustee of the Charity and will need to be co-opted, before being elected at the AGM in 2017. Any applicant who is not a member of NWESSR, would be required to become a member before commencing. The role requires attendance at Trustees’ meetings (4/5 per year normally) plus the AGM. The treasurer is fully supported by the trustees, regarding decision making when required.
Applications / enquiries should be made in writing, detailing relevant experience and emailed to [email protected] or if you would like a chat with the current treasurer, email your contact details.
A full job description is available.
It is envisaged that the successful applicant will spend a period of time assisting the current treasurer, before taking over the role fully.